On Dec 27, 2009, at 3:41 PM, Gail Miller wrote:
My son is STILL trying to reformat his HDD and delete the partitions. Can you explain how to do that? How to delete the partitions that is. He's running Windows 7. Would the Ultimate Boot Disk be a good thing or even more confusing for him now? As usual... Many thanks in advance!

Booting from the W7 disc should be sufficient, but I can't say for sure as I have only done that with XP. With XP, after booting from the disc you will have an option to erase the hard disk. If you see more than one partition, be sure to zap them all. Then create one new partition and put the OS on that.