I was thinking while reading this...some, if this were Dick Cheney type of a
guy would be saying well now he's just being paid off by big Music and
Movies.  By the end that's what this seems to become, a collaboration
editorial about the evils of music piracy.  I think there are larger issues
on the web they don't touch on...the various projects of scanning books
frightens me because in 50 years or 100 will there be any paper books?  Will
one company or government have access to history and be able to edit it to
their will as easily as we edit office docs? He decries the lack of
punishment of music pirates, I can't seem to bring myself to care when drunk
drivers can kill and pay less than someone who downloaded 24 songs.  1.9
million for 24 songs...when is the last time anyone saw someone pay like
that for almost ANY crime?

There are real issues with piracy of intellectual property, but cases like
the 2 million dollar fine make most dismiss piracy because those on the
other side are so crazy about punishment.