Yes, I wasn't thinking about vulnerable pedestrians in the mix. The stakes
are considerably higher in the human vs. large, speeding machine context.
Good point. But even here I bet there will be a tech solution to preventing
car collisions with ANYTHING, humans, animals, trees, ice patches. Even now
there are (infrared?) sensors that can pick out warm people on a dark night,
warning a driver of their presence. But I agree that at present people
should not be using their devices while driving.

The New York Times had an article about pedestrians who are getting injured
while walking and using electronic devices. One teenager gave himself a
concussion by walking head-first into a pole!