I usta hafta reinstall xp a few times a year ...now after dumping that silly
Norton and starting to use Avast FREE version I have no longer had any
trouble for a long time...

-----Original Message-----
From: David D Odell [mailto:waffenf...@atlanticbb.net]
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2010 7:14 AM
Subject: Re: Help - computer seems infected, going crazy!

This  d...@#$d virus or trojan has been around for a while.  This thing
disguises itself as a Windows Firewall and even puts a pseudo Microsoft
shield in the notification area.  It takes over completely and won't let
system restore run properly.

I have had to do complete Windows reinstalls on several friends' computers.
It hit mine, but I caught it in time and was able to do a system restore.  I
have not tried Bit Defender; if you can get it from another computer, try
that first and you may not have to do the complete reinstall.  I would
strongly suggest trying to backup any irreplaceable files (photos, etc).