On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 11:04 PM, Tony B <ton...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Right. That's 9 out of how many movies nominated? Or eligible for
> nomination? I'm not going to count them all, but I'll just remind you
> that Documentaries are only a small part of the Oscars.

  The article focused solely on those 10 nominations for
documentaries.  The article, as far as I could see, made no mention of
what software was used in any of the other films in other categories.
It is quite probable that the big movie studios use software that has
been specifically written for their purposes, and is not "off the
shelf" stuff as is Final Cut.  To compare Final Cut or other "off the
shelf" software with customized editing software that can cost tens or
even hundreds of thousands of dollars would be silly and is not what
the article was doing.

  Steve