Yes I have seen the tag lines in a number of movies.

However they have not made the inroads with those as they have with the small scale movie developer.

Stewart

At 12:31 PM 3/8/2010, you wrote:
Final Cut is scalable and has been used in feature films in addition to small scale docs and ads.
Michael Moser

From: "Rev. Stewart Marshall" <revsamarsh...@earthlink.net>
Date: March 8, 2010 12:02:28 AM EST
Subject: Re: CNET News.com: Final Cut Pro the Apple of Oscar's eye - CNET News

Exactly.

This article mentioned that they did this on a budget of less than 15K for computer, hardware, and software.

Professional studios used dedicated workstations and computers costing much more money. (add 000s to whatever figure)

They are dedicated machines and specialized software.

You have to hand it to Apple for developing and marketing FCP. It has made its mark.

By the way it is these guys who start off making small films that will someday end up making large films.

Stewart

At 10:43 PM 3/7/2010, you wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 11:04 PM, Tony B <ton...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Right. That's 9 out of how many movies nominated? Or eligible for
> > nomination? I'm not going to count them all, but I'll just remind you
> > that Documentaries are only a small part of the Oscars.
>
>  The article focused solely on those 10 nominations for
> documentaries.  The article, as far as I could see, made no mention of
> what software was used in any of the other films in other categories.
> It is quite probable that the big movie studios use software that has
> been specifically written for their purposes, and is not "off the
> shelf" stuff as is Final Cut.  To compare Final Cut or other "off the
> shelf" software with customized editing software that can cost tens or
> even hundreds of thousands of dollars would be silly and is not what
> the article was doing.
>
>  Steve

Rev. Stewart A. Marshall
mailto:popoz...@earthlink.net