i bought mine through buy.com a couple years ago.  i think them a front for
corporate  samsung.  it was shipped airfreight fedex from CA to DC.  i bought a
55" LED that is about 6-8" thick.  it weighed around 100lbs in the crate.
fedex did not wait while i uncrated it, which took at least 15 min.

samsung has a nice chart and retail prices here:

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/tv-video/televisions/led-tv/index.idx?pagetype=subtype

i thought what i was buying was a LED-DLP.  one of the reasons i bought the LED
was the bulbs in the rest of the dlp's have less than a 1000 hr half life.
that's not very long(1000hrs is 6 weeks).

our led is still running after two years, and i would guess 3 days a week x 6
hrs on.  we listen to the cable music.    guess that be about 2000 hrs.

At 11:12 PM 3/21/2010, you wrote:
>Who is he ordering from?
>
>What idiot company is delivering?
>
>Granted I have picked up all my flat screen TV's.
>
>Stewart
>

>At 09:45 PM 3/21/2010, you wrote:
>>My friend, Kurt, has one of those Samsung TVs. It's LCD with LED backlight.
>>It's beautiful. It's ridiculously thin. I think it's 46". I want one.
>>
>>He bought it online and made sure that he was home for delivery. First TV had
>>broken screen; second TV was also damaged; third is fine. He's lucky that he
>>could arrange his job so that he could be home. You may not be so fortunate
>>when you're not home to receive and inspect a delivery.
>>

>>>Cost is much higher also.

>Rev. Stewart A. Marshall
>mailto:popoz...@earthlink.net
>Prince of Peace www.princeofpeaceozark.org