Quoting "Richard P." <richs...@gmail.com>:

During the last week, my cable modem for Cox Cable loses its Internet
connection about once or twice a day. When troubleshooting, the light
. . .

I have also noticed a slight degradation in the analog TV signal from
Cox during the last week as well.

Should I just go ahead and replace the modem to see if that makes a
difference? It would be less than the service call.

Why don't you call them up and complain about the crappy TV signal? Seems like fixing one might fix the other, and since there are fewer variables in the TV path, they might be more willing to look into it.