I gave up on Comcast modems many years ago.(They might be better now) I got a Motorola Surfboard and it has been flawless. It still is, in spite of its age. I do keep a back-up on hand though. It just makes sense.

Richard P. wrote:
During the last week, my cable modem for Cox Cable loses its Internet
connection about once or twice a day. When troubleshooting, the light
that indicates the cable connection on the Linksys modem, model
"BEFCMU10", is not illuminated. If I reboot the modem, it comes up
fine and I get adequate speeds through the connection. After calling
Cox, the only thing they can offer is a service call for which I will
be charged if it turns out that the problem is after their connection.

I have also noticed a slight degradation in the analog TV signal from
Cox during the last week as well.

Should I just go ahead and replace the modem to see if that makes a
difference? It would be less than the service call.