In a message dated 7/25/2003 7:58:36 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

A proposed amendment to the Constitution is ratified after a majority of the electorate in two consecutive presidential elections vote for it
.

How many people have to vote for this to work?  Given current voting patterns, this means that a small minority of the people will be able to alter the Constitution.

Given that I think popular voting ensures that the public good is rarely consulted, because no individual voter can be made to be accountable, I am having a hard time trying to understand what problem this solves.

Marci