I am looking for a good, balanced discussion of the
case for and  against copyright for my first year
Property Class. The recent threat of lawsuits against
music sharing raises some interesting questions about
intellectual property rights vs. property rights in
tangible property (certainly an entire generation of
young people seem to think that it is ok to share
music files so long as no money changes hands; on the
other hand, the recording industry believes that the
music belongs to them and it is stealing to share
files).

Some of the issues may be constitutional, others more
philosophical. Again, what I want is something that is
short and accessible to a first year law student.

Does anyone know of anything good? Offlist responses
are ok.

Thanks, Rick Duncan

=====
Rick Duncan
Welpton Professor of Law
University of Nebraska College of Law
Lincoln, NE 68583-0902

"Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you
disgrace yourself you can always write a book." Ronald Reagan