Hi,

On Thu, 2015-10-15 at 11:28 +1100, Craig McQueen wrote:

> That doesn't sound right -- it looks as though there's code in
> timezone.c to watch the file for changes. __connman_timezone_init()
> sets up an inotify on /etc. When inotify triggers it calls
> inotify_data(). If the file that changed is localtime, then it calls
> __connman_clock_update_timezone().

I'm corrected, which means we can have this fixed with a decent amount
of effort, cool! Looking at other code IN_MODIFY | IN_MOVED_TO is
handled. Now some figuring out is needed to see whether /etc/localtime
is a symlink and if yes, what needs to be done to detect that the entity
it points to has changed. Or something even more simpler than that which
is just broken.

Cheers,

        Patrik