Subject: 8th International Conservation Conference Problems Connected with
Keeping and Conservation of Collections in Museums  Date: 10-12 October, 2018
Place:  National Museum of Agriculture and Food Industry in Szreniawa  ul.
Dworcowa 5  62-052 Komorniki  Poland  Language: polish and english  Web site:
www.muzeum-szreniawa.pl  E-mail: konserwacja@muzeum-szreniawa.p   The National
Museum of Agriculture and Food Industry in Szreniawa invites you to take part
in the 8th edition of the International Conservation Conference Problems
connected with Keeping and Conservation of Collections in Museums, which will
take place on October 10-12, 2018. The Conference is organized with the support
of the National Institute for Museums and Public Collections   We would like to
devote this event to the protection of cultural goods, grouped in four thematic
modules:  I. Organization and management of conservation in museums  II.
Conservation issues related to objects made of organic material  III.
Conservation issues of objects exhibited in the open air  IV. Differences
between the static and dynamic display of objects of technical heritage   The
second day of the Conference, i.e. October 11, will involve a study trip to the
Wolsztyn Steam Engine Room and to the Club of the Lovers of Old Tractors and
Agricultural Machinery in Lipno. Discussions on the maintenance of objects of
technical heritage are planned in both locations.   The organizers plan to
publish the submitted papers and presentations as well as presentations
concerning the conservation means / materials / methods. The conference fee in
the amount of PLN 500 (120 EUR) includes accommodation, meals and a conference
package (including the conference program and summaries of speeches). In the
case of conference participation without accommodation, the fee is PLN 300 (75
EUR). The speakers will receive two copies of the complete conference
proceedings.   In order to register your participation, please fill and send in
the registration form, which is available from our website:
www.muzeum-szreniawa.pl   We hope that the planned event, as its previous
editions, will contribute to the integration of activities for the protection
of our shared cultural heritage.   Deadline for the papers has been extended to
May 20, 2018   For more informations email: konserwacja@muzeum-szreniawa.p
Paulina Kryg  Conservation Department  National Museum of Agriculture and Food
Industry in Szreniawa  ul. Dworcowa 5  62-052 Komorniki  Poland
konserwacja@muzeum-szreniawa.p  p.k...@muzeum-szreniawa.pl  +48 61 810 76 29
ex. 27  Fax: 61 81 07 642
******