The American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works (AIC) is
pleased to announce that we are now accepting abstracts for our 47th Annual
Meeting, taking place in Greater New England at the Mohegan Sun Resort in
Uncasville, CT, May 13 - 17, 2019.

The theme for the General and Specialty sessions, to be held May 15 to May 17
will be:

"New Tools, Techniques, and Tactics in Conservation and Collection Care"

Are conservation professionals innovators? We think so. From developing new
approaches to conservation treatment and preventive care, to utilizing
cutting-edge technological research, to examining how cultural heritage is
defined and valued, conservation professionals are innovative, dynamic,
forward-looking agents of change. And how does collaboration with related
fields and allied professionals influence the dynamics of the conservation -
innovation process? We seek papers that explore all types of new work:
practical, method-focused treatment projects; advances in collections care and
management; discoveries in conservation science; and conservation initiatives
that intentionally have a positive impact on communities. In 2019, let's come
together to share new ideas for solving conservation and collections care
problems large and small.

Abstract submissions should be no more than 500 words with an additional
300-word speaker biography and will be due on or before September 15, 2018.

________________________________

Online abstract portals are now open for the following sessions:

Opening General Session- we have a special call for presentations in the
opening session. These talks should be short, idea-focused presentations that
address the opening session's theme of "advance and inspire." Talk format
should be 15 minutes in length or less, and presentations can include a few
slides, in a style similar to TED talks. The program committee is seeking a
diversity of voices and perspectives in the opening session, as well as talks
that will foster learning or inspire conversation.

Concurrent General Session, Specialty Session, Poster
Session<https://aic.secure-platform.com/a/solicitations/login/1081?returnUrl=http%3A%2F%2Faic.secure-platform.com%2Fa%2Fsolicitations%2Fhome%2F1081>:
 You can submit your abstract for up to three (3) selections in this
broad-based call. Please click the link for more details and to access the
portal.

Workshops<https://faic.secure-platform.com/a/solicitations/login/1079?returnUrl=http%3A%2F%2Ffaic.secure-platform.com%2Fa%2Fsolicitations%2Fhome%2F1079>
 and
Pre-sessions<https://aic.secure-platform.com/a/solicitations/login/1082?returnUrl=http%3A%2F%2Faic.secure-platform.com%2Fa%2Fsolicitations%2Fhome%2F1082>:
 Do you have an idea for a workshop or pre-session? Do you want to know the
difference between the two?

Please visit
http://www.conservation-us.org/annual-meeting/aic-annual-meeting/call-for-submissions/call-for-submissions-overview

The submission deadline is September 15, 2018.

Sincerely,

The AIC General Session Program Committee

Ruth Seyler rsey...@conservation-us.org
t 202-661-8062 | f 202-452-9328
www.conservation-us.org<http://www.conservation-us.org/> |
@conservators<https://twitter.com/conservators> |
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/aiconservation>

AIC
AMERICAN INSTITUTE FOR CONSERVATION
727 15th St., NW | 5th Floor | Washington, DC | 20005

******