Hi All,

The Minishift team is pleased to announce the release of Minishift 1.4.1.

Due to a critical issue (#1235 [1]) in version 1.4.0, we had to release
version 1.4.1 immediately. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Release Highlights
-------------------------

This release adds several new features, enhancements, and bug fixes,
including:

- New baseline OpenShift version

  OpenShift Origin version 3.6.0 is now the default version in this release
of Minishift.

- New option in `minishift console` to request an OAuth API token

  The new option `minishift console --request-oauth-token` [2] opens the
default browser and displays information about the OAuth API token and its
usage details.

- Improvements to user feedback during Minishift startup

  Feedback during the startup process has been improved in various ways.
The startup process now displays driver installation checks as well as VM
configuration details like configured memory, CPUs, and disk size. It also
runs a set of checks to verify external network connectivity of the VM.

- Introduction of the environment variable MINISHIFT_ENABLE_EXPERIMENTAL to
pass extra flags to “oc cluster up”

  Using MINISHIFT_ENABLE_EXPERIMENTAL also exposes --service-catalog in
order to try the service-catalog feature of OpenShift Origin version 3.6.0.
Note that the provisioning of the service-catalog does not work
consistently. You can also pass --extra-clusterup-flags to try new and not
yet integrated cluster up options. See experimental functionality
documentation [3].

You can find a detailed list of issues in the release notes [4][5]. For
information about getting started, using, and developing Minishift, see the
documentation [6].

New add-ons repository
-------------------------------

In order to foster the creation and exchange of Minishift add-ons, we
created a new repository for Minishift Add-ons [7]. The repository aims to
be a place for the community to share add-ons. You can read more details in
the README [8] of the repository.

We invite you to make this repository a success by contributing your custom
add-ons and by supporting other community members who use or contribute
add-ons.

New mailing list
to receive development updates, questions about Minishift, suggest ideas
and talk to the community.

[1] https://github.com/minishift/minishift/issues/1235
[2] https://docs.openshift.org/latest/minishift/command-ref/
minishift_console.html
[3] https://docs.openshift.org/latest/minishift/using/managi
ng-minishift.html#experimental-functionality
[4] https://github.com/minishift/minishift/releases/tag/v1.4.1
[5] https://github.com/minishift/minishift/releases/tag/v1.4.0
[6] https://docs.openshift.org/latest/minishift
[7] https://github.com/minishift/minishift-addons