On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 10:19:44AM +0200, Warly wrote:
> - What was wrong in 9.2 development process?

I think the targets for a release should be set much earlier in the process.
Especially targets for nr of major bugs in the software to be released.

Focus more on a small set of features that should work "perfectly" and
others that are nice to have but not critical. This should be clearly linked
with how people use mandrake-linux.

> - We though a bit late in the 9.2 developement process to split cooker ml, we
> should do it now.

I don't know, the only thing that can be annoying are the bugreports from
bugzilla, but then again, they can trigger a response from a large group,
which can lead to a quicker confirmation (or lack thereof).

> - What could we do to improve 9.3/10.0 development.

be clearer in the goals and criteria for the target.

> - What should we do to improve the Wiki.

separate development and use-guides

> - Should we have cooker snapshot ISOs?

would be nice, but maybe another approach would be better:
every week, "freeze" cooker so the mirrors can catch up. Make sure a network
upgrade can be done without glitches and have a few days of testing of the
current status. Fixes can then be added for the next freeze.

(Not being a package developer, I have no idea whether this is feasible!)

> - What could we do, as a community, to increase the acceptance of mandrakelinux?

reduce the amount of "BUT" arguments in the reviews by making sure the
things that should work, just work!
It is also important to know what should work and what is just a bonus.

> - How to have more contributors?

respect!

> And anything related to the mandrakelinux distro.

the club needs an overhaul! Apart from the donation aspect I see no reason
to join it.

I hope this helps!

Simon