On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 12:00, Doc Tree wrote:

> | - What could we do to improve 9.3/10.0 development.
>
> 1. START EARLIER.

Huh? Earlier than what? Do you want us to go back in time to June and
start there? :)

> other available serial HDs.  C. Include the latest stable version
> of {list including OO, KDE, Gnome, Apache, etc.}....

MDK always uses the last stable version of these major packages released
before it goes into feature freeze for the new version.

> Clean up the distro, moving some traditional packages to contrib
> even though some will yell and scream and cry about the editor
> they used back in '92 being removed. Post a table for members to
> vote for which of the 'very nice' packages they prefer. The
> proftpd versus pureftpd thread is an example.

I rather like this idea, actually. Streamline main but don't dump the
apps totally. Would work if contrib was more widely known about.
--
adamw