On Sunday 28 September 2003 04:19 am, Warly wrote:
> It may be a good idea, before cooker opens again, to take these days to
> have some brainstorm.
>
> May you give your opinion on :
>
> - What was wrong in 9.2 development process?
[worksforme]
I hate it when people close bugs w/ works for me instead of  actually trying
to fix the prob. I think it's a major copout.
> - We though a bit late in the 9.2 developement process to split cooker ml,
> we should do it now.
If by splitting cooker ML you mean putting bug reports in a separate mailing
list, by all means have it it. That's a great idea. A bugzilla list and a
coooker list sounds like a prime idea.
> - What could we do to improve 9.3/10.0 development.
Whenever you need bugtesters to start testing for next distro why not put a
link on the main page (mandrake.com).
Also you should assign (or suggest) specific things for testing like

- KDE packages
- Gnome Packages
- Apache Packages
- Xfree/fontconfig/xfs packages
--- etc packages
- Installation routine
- Upgrade routine
- Post installation upgrades
- drak tools.
and then just have people volunteer to test those. it would make things more
streamlined i think and make the work of finding bugs go quicker.

> - What should we do to improve the Wiki.
wtf is the wiki. i've only seen reference to it on cooker.
> - Should we have cooker snapshot ISOs?
eh.
> - What could we do, as a community, to increase the acceptance of
> mandrakelinux?
How about fixing them fonts on the main page to make it look better.
seriously. I don't even like going to that page anymore because of how
horrible it looks, and guess what? There are more just like me! We hate that
page, change it. Better fonts.
> - How to have more contributors?
Well you could tell the contirbuters where they can contribute for starters.
I've heard of the wiki but just wtf is it? beats me.
And exactly what do you mean by contributors, MDK clubbers? bug hunters?
packagers, guys to proofread documentation (i could do this, hell I could
write some too given enough time)
Again layout exactly what you need somewhere on a page or subpage. if all this
in already in the wiki. wtf is it :)
> And anything related to the mandrakelinux distro.
How 'bout adding sites like mandrake user sites on another page (mandrake
community or something)
Not like a webring or anything (those are gay). You can just link to them
(after checking if they pass muster w/ you guys).