John Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Sunday 26 October 2003 12:23 pm, Brook Humphrey wrote:
>> On Sunday 26 October 2003 01:51 am, John Allen wrote:
>> > Could you post a .conf file for creating 2 DVD-R's?
>> >
>> > Currently I just run MakeCD without specifying a config file; it is
>> > better to specify a config file?
>>
>> same here the only real difference is that your cd's will read cooker
>> download edition or something like that instead of reading as mandrake 9.2,
>> 10, or 10.1, etc. Also with the config file you can specifiy things and
>> customize the install a little more.
>>
>> For me i just edit the base/rpmsrate and then run makecd. If you want dvd
>> you can use --disksize but i do not remember the exact size for a dvd.
>
> I've been making DVD-R's not problem. Where is the doc for the .conf files
> I find them unreadable, I would be most grateful if anybody can point me in
> the right direction as to the .conf file documentation.

A starting point is the mkcd -h command

"mkcd -h" gives you command line option

"mkcd -h installation" gives you the config files installation keyword usage

"mkcd -h installation fixed" gives you the fixed option of the
installation command help message (and so on)

the current config files most used options are :

list
rpmlist

disc
dir