Laurent Montel wrote:
Le Tuesday 29 October 2002 12:50, David Walser a icrit :

--- Laurent MONTEL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Name        : kdelibs
* Mon Oct 28 2002 Laurent MONTEL
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 3.1-0.beta2.11mdk

- Add patch102 : use double click to active file
Can you explain what this means?  I'm *sure* you
didn't just make double-click the default...

I just make double-click by default in konqueror and kdesktop

The problem with double-click in KDE is that it makes things double-click that shouldn't be.

For example, turning on double-click for desktop icons makes any treeview (such as the one in the kcontrol panel) require double-clicks on each leaf. Surely this is not good.

In Windows, it may be double-click for icons, but it is also single-click for the treeviews. How will it help newbies to make double-clicking icons the default, while treeviews need double-clicks instead of single? Unless this has been patched too, it's just making things more difficult.

Actually, in KDE you must also press <ENTER> on a leaf, I don't think Windows makes you do this either. All in all, there is more to the Windows UI than a simple double-click -- it has better keyboard support throughout.

--
Sincerely,

David Walluck
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>