Hi!

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 12:13:46 +0200
Buchan Milne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > This program enables the IBM Thinkpad(tm) special keys. It is
> > possible to bind a program to the ThinkPad button. It has a
> > on-screen display(OSD) to show volume, mute and brightness of the
> > LCD.
> What is the Thinkpad button?

A key intruduced with T20/A20 iirc. It is labled "ThinkPad".

> Does it require any kernel modules?

Yes, nvram (which is already included in the kernel). The RPM will add
the required lines to your /etc/modules.conf to make it work with devfs.

> If I can test it on my 600X, I will happily upload it if it does not
> require kernel modules, if I can not test it, I will consider it ...

It should work with your 600X as well, even if you have no additional
keys. You can at least use it for the OSD stuff (which is very nice :)

--
  Michael Reinsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                       http://mr.uue.org