I know that when using a deep fryer, larger pieces take longer to fry. Would this also be true for when using these coatings and baking the chicken? When deep frying, drumsticks take from 15 to 18 minutes, while thighs and, especially, breasts take from 18 to 22 minutes at a frying temperature of 375 degrees. Thanks.

--
If guns kill people, writing implements cause grammatical and spelling errors! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Linda Ratzlaff" <lindaratzl...@sasktel.net>
To: <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2013 10:53 AM
Subject: Re: [CnD] tips on cooking chicken

Hi Holly
I am taking the following off of a chicken coating mix box. It happens to be a no name box, but the directions would be the same for Shake & Bake: Take one of the pouches of coating and empty it into the bag provided or in a bowl with a tight fitting lid. This will do a lot of chicken pieces. If you are dong just 3 or 4 pieces you don't need the whole pouch. If you have left over coating you should throw it out. You should moisten the thawed chicken pieces before putting in the bag to coat.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Cook for 20 to 25 minutes for boneless chicken.
Cood for 40 to 45 minutes for bone in chicken.
Hope this helps.

Linda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Holly Anderson" <dhsho...@gmail.com>