Will, I've known only one person who ate pizza with a knife and fork.
Everyone else--sighted or blind--picks pizza up.  Same with French
fries.  I--like another person in this thread--do not eat catsup, so I
cannot answer that question.

As for mixing dough with hands, often recipes will instruct you to do
just that.  As a matter of fact, there is an author who writes
fiction, and in the books she includes many recipes, and in her
instructions, she says, "With your impeccably clean hands, mix the
dough--".  (The author is Joanne Fluke, for any of you who want easy
and delicious desserts to bake.  If you don't wish to read the books,
you can download them and scan through for recipes.  They are all
tone-indexed).

Jennifer