What cooking time and temperature would you recommend if doing in oven or stove top? Thanks.

-----Original Message----- From: Penny Reeder via Cookinginthedark
Sent: Sunday, May 24, 2015 12:44 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org ; john mcconnell
Subject: Re: [CnD] Question and recipe for leg of lamb

Hi, A clove of garlic is one of those little seed-like pods. The whole
clump of cloves is called a garlic bulb!

Here's a similar recipe that I make for leg of lamb with potatoes in
the crock pot. It's delicious. (I don't bother with the gravy though.)

                  Garlic Roasted Leg Of Lamb   1-3 to 4 pound
boneless leg of lamb  3 tablespoons of olive oil  1/2 cup of white wine
5 potatoes, peeled and sliced  4 cloves of fresh garlic, peeled  1
teaspoon of garlic powder  1 teaspoon of dried rosemary spice  1
teaspoon of salt  1/2 teaspoon of Pepper  Add the garlic powder, dried
rosemary, salt and pepper in a small bowl and blend the spices
together well. With your hands, rub the spices all over the lamb. Put
the 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet and brown the lamb
on all sides. Place the sliced potatoes evenly across the bottom of
your crock-pot. Remove the browned leg of lamb from the skillet and
place it on top of the potatoes in the crock-pot. Add the wine to the
skillet and quickly bring it to a boil then shut off the  heat. Pour
the wine and any meat scrapings into the crock-pot around the leg of
lamb. With a knife, slit 4 holes down into the top of the lamb meat in
different places and push the 4 cloves of garlic down into the holes
in the top of the meat. Cover the crock-pot with the lid and cook on
low or auto (automatic) heat for approximately 8 hours or until the
leg of lamb is cooked through. Use the juices in the bottom of the
crock-pot for gravy by adding 1-2 tablespoons of cornstarch to about a
1/2 cup of water, stir well and add that to the meat juices while the
juice is still hot.

On 5/24/15, john mcconnell via Cookinginthedark