I respect that what ever works is good. I myself wouldn't want to mess with
batter and plastic bags. Since you have to check the batter level in the pan as
well as  what your inserting from,, you're not going to completely avoid a
messy proposition. Since recipes generally recommend that you fill the muffin
pan two thirds full, it works for me to use a scant quarter measuring cup.