Try using a cup to scoop the batter and put it into the cake pan.

-----Original Message-----
From: William Henderson via Cookinginthedark <cookinginthedark@acbradio.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2019 7:57 PM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: William Henderson <will.henderson...@gmail.com>
Subject: [CnD] Pouring batter

Hello,
As most of you know, I'm fairly inexperienced in the kitchen, so I'm still
trying basic stuff out.
I tried making a simple box yellow cake mix and I followed the directions of
mixing exxs, oil and water with the cake mix.  I was pretty happy when I
thought I did OK with the electric mixer.  Then I tried pouring it into the
cake pan, and I thought I did well.  I tried using a spoon to scoop it out.  I
also tried having the bowl in the center of the pan and did it all in the sink.
Of course, I didn't use my fingers but thought it had all gotten into the pan.
I put the pan in the oven, and when it was time to wash the bowl, I found there
was still some batter left.  It was too late.  What are some good techniques to
pour a bowl of cake batter into a 9 by 13 cake pan?
What am I doing wrong?