Hi Deb,
I used a cooked ham. Like Dale said, it makes it very tender and takes a lot of
the sodium out. Try it! I will try it with coke, too, sometime.

-----Original Message-----
From: Deborah Barnes via Cookinginthedark
[mailto:cookinginthedark@acbradio.org]
Sent: Saturday, September 28, 2019 9:02 AM
To: cookinginthedark@acbradio.org
Cc: misslady0...@att.net
Subject: Re: [CnD] Slow Cooker Ham With Ginger Ale

Hi Helen,

Thanks so much for this recipe!  My husband and I used to love ham, and I
especially liked the sandwiches we made from it.  But everything seems so salty
now that we eat less salt.  I'm going to try this.  As my husband and sometimes
me are out and in right now due to a family illness, it'll be something quick
we can fix when we get home late at night.  And it'll smell good when we come
back in from a visit on the day it's cooking.

One question though:  you did use uncooked ham, right?  Was it a particular
brand?  My husband doesn't have much of a sense of taste so it's so hard to
find things that he can taste and really enjoy.

Deb B.