Hi Dolores,

I’ve only ever used gas stoves. Both my previous GE gas stove which I had to
replace 4 years ago, and my current one had and have electric starters. So if
there is ever a power outage then the stove top cannot be used by turning the
knobs. I never had any issues with the pilet light going out. I know on the
previous Stove during hurricane Sandy I could use an Igniter to start the flame
on the stove top. And, I’m assuming it is okay to use an Igniter on my current
stove top should I ever be without power again.

The only problem I had back in 2016 when looking for a new gas range was
finding one with knob controls. To get them I went up in price to buy a
professional range. I wound up buying a Kennmore, but seem to recall a nice
Fridgidare in PC Richards. If you are renting then most of the lower cost
models of gas ranges usually have knobs. In the home I own I wanted a better
quality range so that’s why I went up to the professional model. My Kennmore
range has a pad as well but I’m not forced to use it. With a few lock-dots I’m
able to operate both the stove top and oven. I’m not sure but think that in
August these go on sale.

From what others had told me you can label the touch pads on these newer
stoves, but make sure the touch pad has set areas where the settings will
always come up on the same location of the touch pad all the time. I have a
friend who cannot use her newer gas range with the touch pad because the
settings move around and it is impossible to mark it.

Good luck!

Eileen