Hi Mark:

My 10.4 G4 is lying in a heap of smoldering rubble at work on what would be my dining room table if I was paid enough to own a real house, along with heaps of wreckage that represent various stages in the life cycle of the SGI (including some from Alice). (The SGIs, to their credit, still work, even if there hasn't been an OS update in 10 years.)

I did a security update on my trusty G4, xanana (named for the East Timor Fretilin rebel leader and subsequent president) and it would not reboot. Apple said it needed a new processor board, which would cost more than an iMac that is about 10X faster.

So, it is gone the way of the SGI.

I'm right now making bundles for 10.5 intel and ppc.

If anyone has a 10.4 ppc machine and is willing to do this, I will be happy to tell you how. (Basically I just configure a new fink installation to build in /usr/local/xtal/coot and then weed out as much as possible).

Sorry.  At least it lasted longer than an iPod.

Bill