On 23/08/12 17:49, Jeff Headd wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm working with EM maps in .mrc format, and I'm having trouble loading them in recent versions of Coot running on Mountain Lion. I'm able to load the same .mrc files using rev 3697 on Linux just fine, but using any of the recent builds for Mountain Lion gives these types of errors (from rev 4324):

raised in ccp4_file_raw_read <<<<<<
raised in ccp4_file_readfloat <<<<<<
raised in ccp4_file_read <<<<<<
raised in ccp4_cmap_read_section <<<<<<
raised in ccp4_file_readfloat <<<<<<
raised in ccp4_file_read <<<<<<

etc.

Any ideas?

Yes, SEP.

At a guess, the program that you used to create "mrc" maps is creating corrupt/non-conformant maps.

Martyn Winn is in charge of the code that loads maps into Coot (and CCP4 programs, of course).