On 13/01/14 21:42, Seth Harris wrote:

    I guess (without testing) that adding the following should do what
    you want:

    (set-pointer-atom-molecule 0)

I first tried adding that line to my .coot file. That didn't seem to work, but it was functional if I typed it into the scheme scripting command line window. So then I appended it to a .scm script that is called when actually loading the specific structure. I suppose it couldn't set the pointer atom molecule to 0 if there was no molecule 0 (not like a default) so this way it loads the molecule first and then is successful...

Yes, exactly, you can't set the pointer-atom-molecule to a molecule that doesn't exist.