Hi Paul,
Thank you for spotting the problem and introducing the new restraint. I
have to say that it was easy to get in the habit of creating poorly placed
water molecules when filling difference map peaks as the prior refinement
method for isolated waters would just move them into the nearby 2Fo-Fc
peak. Any residual placement errors or clashes would get fixed during
reciprocal space refinement and all was good. But I will take your advice
and change my ways.
Much appreciated,
Philip