On 30/04/2022 05:07, Zhu, Jinyi wrote:

Hi all,

After getting Coot 1.0.06-pre on my Mac and Wincoot 1.0.01 on Windows,

Up to date :-)

it seems to me that I have to hold both left and right clicks for Zoom, while right click is rotating.

Left-click is for picking, right-mouse click-and-drag is for rotating the view [1]

Shift right-mouse for zoom (also chording left-mouse and right-mouse does zoom).

However, on a Mac, at the moment, rotating the view is also on left-mouse (I don't know how to do "right-mouse" click-and-drag on the trackpad - or even if it's possible). Coot should be able to distinguish between trackpad and mouse usage on a Mac (but it doesn't at the moment).

Is this new pattern designed by purpose?

Yes, I've put quite a lot of thought into it.

If so, is there an option in Preference to switch it back to traditional settings (hold right click for Zoom and left click for rotating)?

I thought that this question might come up :-)

Eventually, I plan to have all key presses and mouse actions configurable - but that is not how it is today.

Paul.

[1] my fingers get so confused when I go back to using 0.9.8.x