Thank you for the comments Alan

On Sep 6, 2012, at 9:00 AM, Alan Bateman wrote:

> On 06/09/2012 13:40, Lance Andersen - Oracle wrote:
>> Here is the updated webrev
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~lancea/7192302/webrev.01
>>
>> I know there is more clean-up that can be done to remove other Rave added
>> code (such as the removal of set/getPreparedStatement/Connection/ResultSet),
>> I want to keep the focus to just removing PropertyChangeSupport.  SQE and
>> RowSet TCKs continue to pass with these changes.
>>
> Your previous mail uses the word "nuke", I was thinking the same thing :-)
>
> The latest webrev looks okay except that in one of the constructors you have
> removed a call to ensure that the connection is established, I'm not sure
> about the significance of that.

This is not needed here and given I have already tested with this removed, I
figured I would OK to keep this as part of the change

> I also see there are a couple of residual references to "Rave" that can
> probably be pulled, these seem to be related to the PropertyChangeListener
> support.

I left those in as a reminder to go back as part of the rest of the Rave
clean-up.  I would prefer to leave them for now and when I  make another pass
for Rave, I will get rid of them

> One method that looks like it could be removed too is setConcurrency but I
> agree that keeping focused on just removing the beans dependency is right for
> now.

 I had thought about that but I have to think about this one a bit more as the
getConcurrency() is leveraging the value returned from the active ResultSet
which is why I did not remove this at this time.

In some cases, I must confess the original authors have left me scratching my
head on some of this code but I want to be surgical in removing or addressing
changes so that it would be easier to find any un-intended gotchas.

Best
Lance

> -Alan.

Lance Andersen| Principal Member of Technical Staff | +1.781.442.2037
Oracle Java Engineering
1 Network Drive
Burlington, MA 01803
lance.ander...@oracle.com