On 11/10/2012 04:15, Xueming Shen wrote:
There is no plan yet. The sun.misc.BASE64En/Decoder should already trigger a compiler warning for it's a sun private API. @Deprecated annotation might be a good fit.

-Sherman
Yes, I think we should deprecate them. The other thing suggested in the JEP is that we would also look usages in the JDK, also other implementations (as there are many) to see if they can be retired. This can of course be done later. It also an opportunity for contributions, say for example someone might like to look at java.util.prefs to retire the implementation there. Another one that might be able to retire is the implementation in the com.sun.net.httpserver.BasicAuthenticator class and there are others.

-Alan