On 11/10/2012 19:30, Ariel Weisberg wrote:
:

I know that ByteBuffers are pain, but I did notice that you can't
specify a source/dest pair when using ByteBuffers and that ByteBuffers
without arrays have to be copied. I don't see a simple safe way to
normalize access to them the way you can if everything is a byte array.

I agree, encode/decode methods where the destination is a given ByteBuffer would be desirable (and probably more useful than returning a new ByteBuffer each time). Byte arrays are so commonly used that it probably justifying having both variants as proposed.

-Alan