Well -- yes and no. The problem is the way Loggers are handled -- as weak refs. They can get easily gc'd. Now in this code it doesn't really make much difference, but I'm trying to be consistent. That said, the right thing, now that I look at it again, would be to make the declarations of logger static, to ensure they don't get gc'd. Initially I thought that instance variables would do the trick, but I've since learned otherwise. (There's much more behind the curtain here than I previously thought :-( )

Thanks,
    Jim