I'm going to rip out the </li> then.  It's an unnecessary burden.
Thanks
   Jim

On 04/16/2013 06:50 PM, Mike Duigou wrote:
On Apr 16 2013, at 08:50 , Alan Bateman wrote:

On 16/04/2013 16:13, Jim Gish wrote:
On 04/15/2013 02:02 PM, Martin Buchholz wrote:
You are fiddling with the javadoc for getChars, which is an independent change.  (I
am also fiddling with getChars in another ongoing change).  I don't think closing
html tags for <li> are required in javadoc.  If you are going to change the
exception javadoc, then also change @exception to @throws.

The only reason I'm adding </li> is Alan insisted on it in a previous change I
proposed :-)

I don't recall the full context but I have got confused by an early build of
doclint where this was an issue.
</li> is required by XHTML but not by HTML. doclint was too aggressive about
this in early builds.

Having </li> does no harm but it's not required.

Mike

-Alan.

--
Jim Gish | Consulting Member of Technical Staff | +1.781.442.0304
Oracle Java Platform Group | Core Libraries Team