In my opinion Project Coin was meant only to push some earlier chosen
changes into language.

"Naked dot" in language where long name are preferred is pure evil:
I would have to look pairing ";" for every dot ?
> someVeryLongName()/* explanation*/.otherLongNameMethod();
> someVeryLongName();/* explanation*/.otherLongNameMethod();

When dot would be first sign i would have to:
check  end of previous line, or check last sign before comment, some
time i would have to use scroll for each line (like when comparing
code while commit).

> someVeryLongName().call().call().call().call().call().call().call().call().call().call().call();
>  // comment
>.otherLongNameMethod();

> someVeryLongName().call().call().call().call().call().call().call().call().call().call().call()
>  // comment
> .otherLongNameMethod();

The things go even worse if code have to be compared without without
syntax highlighting.

It's really hard to find anything good about this proposal.

The most scary is fact that .. or ... would be consumed to support such change.

because i hope for anything near:
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/coin-dev/2009-March/000680.html

--
Pozdrawiam