Please review an update to BCEL release 6.0 .
The sources are basically that from the release bundle with the
* Classes that were not included in the original version are excluded;
* Classes that are deprecated in BCEL 6.0 are removed;
* Classes that are used only for the above classes are also removed;
* Many fields were deprecated in BCEL 6.0 in order to discourage
direct references, in the JDK, I've removed such deprecation and
instead made them private/final.
* BCEL 6.0 applied 'final' to global/local variables pretty
extensively, which were the only changes to many of the classes.
* A few Transform classes were updated to adopt to BCEL 6.0.
* JDK-8162527 [JAXP] XSLT: Investigate why bumping the default class
file version to 49 (Java 5.0) or higher for bytecode generation
doesn't work  has not been resolved as of this update. Additional
change  is needed before we can move up to possibly Java 5.0.
BCEL has been a very old component. This update therefore removed a
large amount of warnings (900+), which is very helpful to the cleaning
All tests passed, including the JCK.