Thanks Daniel!

Best regards,

On 8/11/2017 3:31 AM, Daniel Fuchs wrote:
Hi Joe,

Thanks, looks fine now!

best regards,

-- daniel

On 10/08/2017 04:13, huizhe wang wrote:

On 8/9/2017 6:30 AM, Daniel Fuchs wrote:
Hi Joe,

This not an easy patch to review ;-)

Indeed, took several minutes just to copy the webrevs :-)

Thanks for explaining how you arrived at the final result.
The method you used as described below seems right.

I haven't clicked through all the files, but instead I had a
look at  all the JIRA issues revealed by:

hg log -k share/classes/com/sun/org/apache/bcel | grep summary | grep -v Merge

to see if any of them might have been reverted/invalidated.
So far so good, most of them still seem to be present in
your changes, but I have a doubt about these two:

Has the issue been fixed upstream in a different way, or
is the issue no longer relevant, or is it going to appear
again with this patch?

Good catch! The original patch came from BCEL, so I indeed assumed this update would get things the right way. As I double-checked, it turns out the additional patches as you listed above fixed issues that BCEL 6.0 hasn't. These issues were revealed by JRocket, did not affect JAXP, however, they are still good changes that we shall keep. I've gone through both of the above to put these changes back into the code.

Also looking at the JDK fixes brought my attention to

Your changes are adding these two methods:
I don't know what they are for - and I am not sure they would
work (the brutal cast to ListResourceBundle is dubious).
Fortunately they don't seem to be called by the new code (I
grepped the global patch file). Can you remove them?

This is because I removed com/sun/org/apache/bcel/internal/util/ that is no longer used by any classes in our version of BCEL. However, a XPath class ( was still using it, I therefore moved the getResourceBundle method that was used into the jdk util class before removing the one in bcel.

The ListResourceBundle cast was needed since the XPATHMessages variable was originally declared ListResourceBundle. I've changed that to ResourceBundle and removed the cast.

Here's the updated webrev:


 234     /**
235 * Gets a resource bundle using the specified base name, the default locale, and the caller's class loader. 236 * @param bundle the base name of the resource bundle, a fully qualified class name 237 * @return a resource bundle for the given base name and the default locale
 238      */
239 public static ListResourceBundle getResourceBundle(String bundle) {
 240         return getResourceBundle(bundle, Locale.getDefault());
 241     }
 243     /**
244 * Gets a resource bundle using the specified base name and locale, and the caller's class loader. 245 * @param bundle the base name of the resource bundle, a fully qualified class name 246 * @param locale the locale for which a resource bundle is desired 247 * @return a resource bundle for the given base name and locale
 248      */
249 public static ListResourceBundle getResourceBundle(final String bundle, final Locale locale) { 250 return AccessController.doPrivileged((PrivilegedAction<ListResourceBundle>) () -> {
 251             try {
252 return (ListResourceBundle)ResourceBundle.getBundle(bundle, locale);
 253             } catch (MissingResourceException e) {
 254                 try {
255 return (ListResourceBundle)ResourceBundle.getBundle(bundle, new Locale("en", "US"));
 256                 } catch (MissingResourceException e2) {
 257                     throw new MissingResourceException(
258 "Could not load any resource bundle by " + bundle, bundle, "");
 259                 }
 260             }
 261         });
 262     }

best regards,

-- daniel

On 09/08/2017 00:43, huizhe wang wrote:
Please review an update to BCEL release 6.0 [1].

The sources are basically that from the release bundle with the following exceptions:

* Classes that were not included in the original version are excluded;
  * Classes that are deprecated in BCEL 6.0 are removed;
  * Classes that are used only for the above classes are also removed;
  * Many fields were deprecated in BCEL 6.0 in order to discourage
    direct references, in the JDK, I've removed such deprecation and
    instead made them private/final.
  * BCEL 6.0 applied 'final' to global/local variables pretty
    extensively, which were the only changes to many of the classes.
  * A few Transform classes were updated to adopt to BCEL 6.0.
  * JDK-8162527 [JAXP] XSLT: Investigate why bumping the default class
    file version to 49 (Java 5.0) or higher for bytecode generation
doesn't work [2] has not been resolved as of this update. Additional
    change [3] is needed before we can move up to possibly Java 5.0.

BCEL has been a very old component. This update therefore removed a large amount of warnings (900+), which is very helpful to the cleaning effort.

All tests passed, including the JCK.




Reply via email to