> On Aug 10, 2017, at 9:22 PM, David Holmes <david.hol...@oracle.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Igor,
>
> On 11/08/2017 2:02 PM, Igor Ignatyev wrote:
>> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~iignatyev//8186095/webrev.00/index.html
>>> 14 lines changed: 1 ins; 0 del; 13 mod;
>> Hi all,
>> could you please review this small patch which bumps up jtreg version?
>> besides updating jib profiles and all TEST.ROOT files,
>
> That all looks fine (though deploy should not be in there).
>
>> the fix updates
>> hotspot/test/runtime/Metaspace/FragmentMetaspaceSimple.java test not to
>> rely on having "library" test.Empty class in 'test.classes' and put
>> test.Empty class in the workdir instead.
>
> Sorry I'm not following this part. You made two changes:
>
> 1. Added @library /test/lib
/test/lib is needed for ClassFileInstaller.

> What is this doing? (For that matter what is the existing "classes" entry
> supposed to mean ??? how is "classes" a library?)
existing 'classes' is the directory in hotspot/test/runtime/Metaspace/ which
contains source of test.Empty.

> 2. Instead of the test reading from test.classes you are using the
> ClassfileInstaller to copy the class to the working directory.
>
> How does this make a difference to anything? If the test wouldn't find the
> class in test.classes, doesn't that mean ClassfileInstaller will also fail to
> find it?
test.classes points to the directory w/ classes from a test, but not from test
libraries. directories w/ all needed classes (either from a test or from
libraries) are added to classpath and 'test.class.path'. ClassFileInstaller
uses class loader to get resources, test.Empty will be in CP, so
ClassFileInstaller will have access to it.