> On Aug 10, 2017, at 9:46 PM, David Holmes <david.hol...@oracle.com> wrote:
>
> On 11/08/2017 2:31 PM, Igor Ignatyev wrote:
>>> On Aug 10, 2017, at 9:22 PM, David Holmes <david.hol...@oracle.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Igor,

>>> That all looks fine (though deploy should not be in there).

>>> Sorry I'm not following this part. You made two changes:
>>>
>>> 1. Added @library /test/lib
>> /test/lib is needed for ClassFileInstaller.
>
> Okay.
>

>>> What is this doing? (For that matter what is the existing "classes" entry
>>> supposed to mean ??? how is "classes" a library?)
>> existing 'classes' is the directory in hotspot/test/runtime/Metaspace/ which
>> contains source of test.Empty.
>
> Okay.
>

>>> 2. Instead of the test reading from test.classes you are using the
>>> ClassfileInstaller to copy the class to the working directory.
>>>
>>> How does this make a difference to anything? If the test wouldn't find the
>>> class in test.classes, doesn't that mean ClassfileInstaller will also fail
>>> to find it?
>> test.classes points to the directory w/ classes from a test, but not from
>> test libraries. directories w/ all needed classes (either from a test or
>> from libraries) are added to classpath and 'test.class.path'.
>> ClassFileInstaller uses class loader to get resources, test.Empty will be in
>> CP, so ClassFileInstaller will have access to it.
>
> Sorry still don't understand the change. Where does:
>
> @build test.Empty
>
> place Empty.class? If not in test.classes then how has this test ever passed?
> I'm assuming the change is needed because it no longer passes with the
> updated jtreg.
build places it in a library dedicated directory, in this case it will be
'JTwork/classes/<N>/runtime/Metaspace/classes', but 'test.classes' points to
'JTwork/classes/<N>/runtime/Metaspace/FragmentMetaspaceSimple.d'.
'test.class.path' will have both (separated by path separator), classpath has
these two paths and couple others.