Hi Alan,

On 22/05/2018 4:19 PM, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 22/05/2018 01:05, David Holmes wrote:
:

Here’s a thought: did you consider caching the nest members in the ReflectionData class? that may be worth doing regardless of dups.

No that was not considered. Caching, as you know, is a space-time trade off and we have no data to use to determine whether caching would be of any benefit here. To me that would be a future RFE regardless. (And I don't expect these introspective nest methods to be used much in any case.)
I think this is the first time that an access check in core reflection (and java.lang.invoke too?) has to call into the VM. It's the private member case so it might not be an issue. If it turns out to be an issue then it can be re-examined.

I hadn't connected the caching with the access check, but yes lets re-examine if it is an issue.

Thanks,
David

-Alan