Hi Bob,
     no problem ,  we can wait a few  days  until   the final version of Win
server 2019   is out, and check the buildNumber   again :

https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/windowsserver/2018/09/24/windows-server-2019-announcing-general-availability-in-october/

says :
"In October, customers will have access to Windows Server 2019 through all the
channels!
We will publish a blog post to mark the availability of Windows Server 2019
soon."

> The latest preview release is build 17744.  Are you testing on that release?

I was testing on  a system with  build number 17677  ( Windows Server 2019
preview , seems older than what you are seeing)
  and  17723 .

Best regards, Matthias