On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 10:25:09 GMT, Erik Gahlin <egah...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Jaroslav Bachorik has updated the pull request with a new target base due to
>> a merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes
>> brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains 11 additional
>> commits since the last revision:
>>
>>  - Roll back conditional registration of container events
>>  - Remove container events flag
>>  - Remove trailing spaces
>>  - Doh
>>  - Report container type and register events conditionally
>>  - Remove unused test files
>>  - Initial test support for JFR container events
>>  - Update the JFR control files
>>  - Split off the CPU throttling metrics
>>  - Formatting spaces
>>  - ... and 1 more:
>> https://git.openjdk.java.net/jdk/compare/19aad098...67a61bd7
>
> src/jdk.jfr/share/classes/jdk/jfr/events/ContainerCPUThrottlingEvent.java
> line 44:
>
>> 42: @Category({"Operating System", "Container", "Processor"})
>> 43: @Description("Container CPU throttling related information.")
>> 44: public class ContainerCPUThrottlingEvent extends AbstractJDKEvent {
>
> I wonder if we should put all the container events in the same category
> {"Operating System", "Container"}, Or possibly add them under the already
> existing categories under "Operating System"?

I guess we could fit those events under `Operating System/Memory` and
`Operating System/Processor` categories.
What about I/O? Currently, there is only `Operating System/Network` category.
The options are:
* Add `Operating System/IO` category and move `Network` to `Operating
System/IO/Network`
* Add `Operation System/FileSystem` category and move the container IO event
there

What would you prefer?