On Mon, 16 May 2022 13:20:49 GMT, David Holmes <dhol...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> GCC 12 reports as following:
>
> I don't recall what "builtin arguments" means. Can you tell me how we would
> actually hit this conditions such that we string dup and  the null string? Or
> are you saying this is actually an unreachable case: the check for NULL is
> always false and the actual  string is never null anyway?

@dholmes-ora
As I wrote in the description, `jargv` comes from `JAVA_ARGS` or
`EXTRA_JAVA_ARGS` - end user cannot modify them. So I think they should be
reported as developer error.
OTOH JDK developer cannot know invalid options if they do not set trace mode to
launcher. So I want to discuss how we should handle invalid parameter(s) in
`jargv`.