On Fri, 12 Jan 2024 10:38:40 GMT, Chris Hegarty <che...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> Update LinkedTransferQueue add and put methods to not call overridable.

FTR - I agree that it's kinda annoying to be proposing this change and it is
true that the consuming user code is making an assumption, but the impact of
this is significant - leads to apparently vanishing tasks when Elasticsearch
runs on JDK 22 EA. The proposed changes are extremely minimal.

If @DougLea agrees, then I'll add a minimal test case and get the PR into a
clean state.

Additionally, we absolutely need to fix this in JDK 21.0.2 - since a patch
release should not change behaviour (from 21.0.1), in this way.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17393#issuecomment-1889097252
PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17393#issuecomment-1889103827