On Fri, 12 Jan 2024 15:06:01 GMT, Chris Hegarty <che...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Update LinkedTransferQueue add and put methods to not call overridable offer.
>
> Chris Hegarty has updated the pull request incrementally with one additional
> commit since the last revision:
>
>   timed offer

With my CSR hat on, JDK-8301341 should never have made the changes it did
without going through a CSR request. We have been bitten by this kind of
problem many times. Unless a public method is specified to utilise another
public method, we should never implement one public method in terms of another
(non-final one) due to the overriding problem. Backporting such a change to 21u
is then potentially very damaging.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17393#issuecomment-1891184409