On Mon, 28 Sep 2026 15:05:26 GMT, Daniel Jeliński <[email protected]> wrote:

>> Simplify the system TimeZone retrieval.
>> 
>> The new code behaves just as before in the most common case where 
>> `GetDynamicTimeZoneInformation` returns a known `TimeZoneKeyName`, and 
>> reduces the amount of second-guessing when the time zone is not known.
>> 
>> Method `getGMTOffsetID` was not modified. It is only used as a fallback when 
>> `findJavaTZ_md` fails, and while it doesn't look great, it's probably better 
>> than most of the alternatives.
>> 
>> I verified that:
>> - the `TimeZoneKeyName` contains non-localized values and is usable on both 
>> English and non-English systems,
>> - tier1 and tier2 tests continue to pass
>> - java/time tests continue to pass when the fallback paths are taken 
>> (`findJavaTZ_md` returns a `customZoneName` or a `NULL`)
>> 
>> ---------
>> - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the 
>> [OpenJDK Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).
>
> Daniel Jeliński has updated the pull request incrementally with one 
> additional commit since the last revision:
> 
>   Address review suggestions

Thanks for the reviews!

-------------

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/33052#issuecomment-5885210186

Reply via email to